Importing your WordPress or any RSS feed to Facebook is a fast and relatively simple. It is the perfect way for you to share your posts on Facebook as once you add the feed, it not only imports it to your notes, but will automatically post to your wall as well.
Importing an RSS Feed To Facebook Notes
- On the tabs at the top of your Facebook Page, you will see a tab called notes. Notes always update to your wall and it is the same for your RSS as well. Go to the notes tab, if you have not added any notes or RSS feeds yet your page will tell you that you haven’t written any notes and to write a note now.
- Tip – If you have no notes, you may not see the button that says start importing a feed. The way around this is to post a note. It doesn’t matter what you post as you can simply delete the note afterward. Write your note and hit publish if you don’t see the “Subscribe’” and “Edit import settings” on the left of your screen.
- Once you have the “Subscribe” option on the bottom left of the screen, click on the “Edit import settings” directly below it.
- You will see the information on importing your blog as well as a place to enter the URL of your feed.
- Enter the URL and check the box directly below to confirm that you have the right to reproduce this blogs content and hit the “Start Importing Button”.
Please note: The note can take up to 24 hours to post to your Facebook account.
UPDATE – November 3, 2010:
There seems to be a glitch in the feed import. Some have had problems getting their feed added. The message says:
“Import Failed We couldn’t find a feed using the URL you provided.”
As long as you are sure the feed is correct, you may want to double check by making a post that your feed is not working. Some have noticed that even though Facebook says that the feed is not working, it seems to still be posting feed updates to their wall.